Hello all! Welcome to the important crypto events scheduled for September 2022 and how they will affect the crypto market. Historically, September was not so great in terms of price movement, but still, we have some big and important events happening this month!
We have created a list of the most important crypto events that will occur this month so you can keep track:
- Responses to the Biden Executive Order on cryptocurrency are due on September 5th – this will be a technical and legal report regarding a potential government-backed CBDC – Central Bank Digital Currency.
- It’s payday! Moons will be handed out to all active users for Round 30.
- The monthly US Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) is scheduled for September 13th. It will present the new inflation data for the previous month.
- Ethereum Merge is happening! This will be the biggest event in the Cryptospace for September as Ethereum will move from “proof of work” to “proof of stake”.
- Mt.Gox’s Bitcoin Repayment Plan for around 137,000 Bitcoins is expected on September 15th
- Federal Reserve’s next Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting is scheduled for September 20-21 which will not only let us know how much of rate hikes happens but also the pace of rate hikes possible in the future.
- Atom’s Cosmoverse conference in Medellin (Colombia) will start on September 26th.
- Chainlink’s SmartCon 2022 conference in NYC is scheduled for September 28th.
- Snapshot for our beloved Moons is due on September 28th!
Other Important Crypto events scheduled for September but with no defined date are:
- Cardano’s Vasil Hard Fork due to happen in September
- Iran’s Government says by the end of September, cryptocurrencies and smart contracts will be widely used in foreign trade with target countries.
How the Important Crypto Event Might Affect the Market
As obvious from the title, September has been one of the worst months of bear cycles. And I believe this September isn’t going to be a difference as well and here is why:
CPI report: the CPI data is scheduled to be released on the 13th of September. Any positive or negative news can have a great impact on the market and so far, we have seen markets taking slight correction ahead of the CPI report release dates. So far, we haven’t heard any negativity abt it. Might be around somewhere in the last month.
Eth merges: just two days after the CPI report, the much-anticipated event of the year, the Eth merge is expected to happen on the 15th of September. This news has had a very positive impact on the market recently, despite some very bad news, the markets didn’t fall because of it. But after the event, I don’t see much positivity left in the crypto space to keep the prices up. And yes, we may see sell-off pressure rising.
Mt. GOX: recently Mt. Gox shared that they still haven’t got the addresses of their recipients, so they are delaying the release of bitcoins. The entire crypto space was stressed heavily because of this, but yet, once again it has been delayed. To put salt on wounds, there is a possibility that they might share updates regarding the whole scenario in the month.
Overall, after 13-15 September, there are very slight chances of positivity in the market, and we might see some blood, as the month is famous for in bear cycles. If 17,500 was the absolute bottom of this cycle, then the market wouldn’t have stayed around it this much longer. So the bears 🐻 predicting 12000 might be right. Who knows!